I finally dug out my torch and soldering brick. I've been wanting to make fused fine silver frames for a while and while I was at it I wanted to experiment a bit with copper and bronze.
The fine silver is for a current WIP. I was unable to get the frame to fuse so I ended up grabbing the flux and silver solder and soldering the sucker together. I did get the wire pieces to ball up nicely! I was using 18g wire. I am thinking that my little butane torch was unable to keep up with the heat sink on the soldering brick. I have an idea to try for next time.
I was unable to get the 20g copper ring to fuse together, same problem as the 18g I think. However I did get the 22g bronze wire ring to fuse together! And I made some bronze 26g headpins while I was at it also. Fun, fun fun!
And I discovered I have some gold colored solder I had purchased for soldering gold filled wire. It was a pleasant surprise.