Monday, July 19, 2010

Roses, Flower Pots & Borders







































All I've done to today is weeding and planting flowers. The first pictures I thought I'd share are of our gorgeous roses. They are heirloom roses which means that they are hardier and have better scent than hybrids, also they aren't grafted. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that "You can't grow roses here, the climate is too harsh." Hybridized, grafted roses don't do well here, but heirlooms sure do!

I planted the pot on the porch this year much to my dad's delight and cleaned out this border and planted two dozen annuals to brighten it up and add some color. The Sweet Williams I put in several years ago are finally starting to die off and so it needed some color. The pictures just don't show the new plants well. Although Brutus, aka "Da Boss" shows up well!

No comments: