Friday, December 13, 2013


Tigger

A lot has been going on around here lately and in other ways not a lot at all.  This is Tigger, he is one of our newest family members.  He has one brother and one sister.  They are now over three months old-where does that time go?

At the end of this year I will be done delivering newspapers.  I will miss it in some ways-I will miss seeing all the does, bucks and fawns along with all the other wildlife.  I will miss the peacefulness of the wee, early morning hours, sunrises on the horizon and hanging with my sons.  In many ways it has been one of the coolest jobs I've ever had.

What I won't miss is being constantly sleep deprived with reduced brain function, never having a day off and not knowing the pleasure of a good night's sleep.  Waking up enough to get started on the day and finding it already over.  Rarely getting to see family and friends.  

I found that the world runs in the day and if you work nights/early mornings the world doesn't care.  You are expected to give up your sleep to do the everyday, mundane tasks that daytime never even think twice about. 


No comments: