Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections of 2008

Reflections on my business.
I had some great ideas this year and came up with some great fused glass colors. I can finally say that I am starting to develop my own style in wire wrapping. I put together some great designs and came up with several original ones that I even managed to impress myself with.
One advantage of being stuck in Portland was the ability to go to the Bead Expo at the Portland Convention Center. I had a lot of fun and got to see a lot of beads!
I broke down and finally started selling on line. I have really learned a lot about creating a good looking store and how to take great pictures of my jewelry. Dichroic is a real pain to get good pictures of. With glass there is the glare and reflection factor, add in the dichroic and you have twice the reflection and colors try to change or come out wrong! Oh, and previously I've been trained to think "One Good Picture", well online one has to have multiple good pictures! I'm learning how to do more than take a variation of the same shot over and over!
Sales were better than I expected due to the economy. However I sold mostly $6.00 to $12.00 items.

No comments: