Thursday, June 17, 2010

Shingles-Get Your Vaccination!

Well I got my aunty taken care of today. Turns out she has an outbreak of shingles. I knew that it was caused by the Chicken Pox virus and that it is a painful rash. The part many are unaware of is the excruciating physical body pain that also accompanies said rash. It is normally on only one side of the body. If it is on your head you get to feel like your head will explode. Similar to a migraine I would guess. If it is on the head you run the risk of it infecting your eye and damaging the cornea! The Doctor also told us of tales of people coming in, bent over double in agony from abdominal pains. They run all these test and can't find a thing. Then about a week later the rash appears.

If you have had Chicken Pox then you are supposed to get this vaccine. I am starting me a savings envelope for this vaccine as it is expensive and as I am uninsured I will have to pay for it in full.

1 comment:

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Hope your auntie recovers quickly! Hugs~
Cindy