Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Have A Great Feeling About 2012


I have this feeling that 2012 is going to be a great year and you know what? It will be because I have decided it will be. I plan to blatantly pursue a "lucky" outlook. ;)

A friend of mine recently posted her keyword for 2012. I loved the idea and have decided to borrow it and use it for my self. My keyword for 2012 is "BUILD".

I will build........

-on the jewelry making skills I already have by learning new techniques, methods and skills. These will help me build up my jewelry designs.

-my knowledge on gemstones by researching, studying them and writing a monthly blog posts about them.

-a schedule that includes all my many and varied responsibilities and works for me.

-an organization system for the paper chase that works for me. One that I will keep up. (Bill paying, budgeting, putting statements, receipts and invoices away properly)

-a goal chart that helps me plan and organize my goals for 2012.

Simply put I want to take what I learned in all the areas of my life this past year and build on it. Improve it. Evaluate what worked and what didn't.

2012 will be a wonderful year of learning, organizing, purging the excess and creating.

I am currently reading a wonderful and very comprehensive book on organizing titled "Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life" by Susan Fay West. I've never met a book on organizing that I was impressed with. This one is way different. This book actually makes sense to me!

It's not just about organizing one's home and belongings-the physical end of organizing. It's also about organizing my perspective, my time and my schedule. I love how the author sees them as an interconnected whole. It's about how to deal with changes and transitions that happen in our lives whether by choice or circumstance. Her words have really helped me to understand where I'm coming from, where I'm at, why I feel the way I do about my life lately. I've never read an organization book that counsels looking at where I've been, where I'm at and where I want to go. What has worked in the past, whats working now and whats not. Then proceeds to give me lots of wonderful questions to help me figure it all out. I like the fact it's more about the mental and emotional, or should I say about one's perspective?

I know for me the hardest things for me to accomplish will be the learning and applying of time management skills to create a working schedule along with developing the good habits to keep things working.

Now I just need to get me a nice large, multi-subject notebook to use with this book. Also will need to decide on a daily planner. I may just end up creating my own sheets for that.

Like I said I think this year is going to be great! A fresh start in a new chapter of my life


No comments: