Thursday, January 5, 2012

Where Do I Want To Be In Five Years?

This is in some ways very easy but in others extremely difficult for me to answer. The misty eyed dream like vision is the easy part. Clarifying that is the challenge. Answering the little details.

When I take out all the reality factors and ask myself what and where I really want to be I have a cozy little vision. My jewelry to support me. A nice little home on a manageable plot of land out in the country. One close enough to town to visit with friends and shop, yet far enough out I can have space. It would back up onto BLM land or a ranch where I'd have permission to roam with my dogs. To just be able to explore and enjoy the beauty of nature. Ideally it would also sit on the border where the high desert turns into forest. Good water supply so I can have my flowers and veggies. A good studio to create my jewelry in. I would have my pieces in galleries across the country and a great customer base online. I would be able to live comfortably and travel when I desired and doing whatever shows I want to. A simple, laid back life.

So that's MY fairy tale.

A more realistic goal is to still be here doing what I love and having a decent income and a healthy savings account with out the paper route. (Or at least being able to have a couple of decent substitutes so I could get away.) Being able to do shows away from home.


No comments: