Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Heart Of An Angel, Dichroic Glass Wire Wrapped Necklace





















As you can see the new wire woven bail has done wonders for this little dichroic glass heart. I've strung it on this delicate ball gold filled ball chain. The addition of anything else would of detracted from it. I'm rather pleased with myself as even the bail was upcycled. Remember me complaining about the piece I was almost done with before the wire broke? Well I was able to salvage the woven part to make this bail
. This also helped me to understand how to go about making more bails like this. I know it isn't a key, but don't we have to have some hearts for those keys? I settled on "Heart Of An Angel" for the name and listed it in my Artfire studio.

I am sharing a picture of the cabs I will be using in my next project. I will be wrapping them in 14K gold filled wire and turning them into little keys. Now I am just debating on how fancy I'm going to make these.

No comments: