Wednesday, March 25, 2009


Some of my little 8mm cabs-the tiny ones, some larger ones and some 8mm's still on the dopping sticks. Also a couple pieces of glass I have used liquid stringer mixed with frit I have used to "paint" the glass trying to get a color I don't have in sheet glass.

I just wanted to take a moment and share with you what I am currently working on. You may of read my earlier post about dopping my little cabochons.

Dopping is using a substance to attach a handle to a cabochon or uncut gem so that it may be shaped, polished or faceted. I'm using this method to have a way to hold on to these little suckers while channeling their edges so I may wire wrap them.

I've left a few on the handle for show. After I took the picture I removed them. As I have plenty of room for more I'm hoping to attach another 3 dozen to channel before I put this batch in the kiln to fire polish.

No comments: