Saturday, March 21, 2009



Well I've FINALLY managed to get some decent pictures of white dichroic fused glass! Just check out the color in this picture! Of course the colors are more intense and vibrant in real life, but this is the first good color picture I've managed of dichroic on white!

I have managed a bunch of really great pictures by breaking the jewelry photography rules. Quite by accident I discovered that by taking my pictures after dark, under florescent lighting is giving me rich, vibrant sparkling, detailed pictures! I set the EV Comp. so my white background looks white, use macro and no flash and voila' some excellant pictures.

I am getting some glare spots, but compared to the overall clarity of detail and color I'm happy. I will work on a way to negate that in the future as I will have to think about it for a while. Of course there are a couple of colors that aren't doing well under the conditions but I will use sunlight for those.

1 comment:

ohdawno said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting! I am so glad you did, because now I can follow your blog in my reader and keep up with the beautiful work you do. I love your pendants. This one in particular is really calling out to me - will it be on sale as a pendant or are you planning to make a necklace?