Saturday, June 20, 2009

Violet Dichroic Photos Blue


Just a quickie today. It has been a long day at the market and will be an even earlier morning as I help deliver our local Sunday paper.

Just wanted to share a picture of my newest pendant. I haven't even thought of a name for it yet.

I have learned a lot (and I mean a lot) about photographing dichroic glass in the last nine months. The camera "sees" color wavelengths differently than the human eye. This particular color of dichroic glass falls into that category. This is the only color I have fused that I cannot get the color to photograph as the human eye sees it. We see it as a deep, rich violet color like the bicones on the right. The camera sees it as this deep blue, under sunlight, daylight bulbs and flourescent lighting. I think this is one color that needs professional lights.

I have set this cabochon in a sterling silver, wire woven setting with sterling silver and faceted peridot beads.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! I love it!

WillowWalker said...

Thank you! I am really looking forward to doing more pieces like this!