Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Batch of Dichroi Cabs!





Add Image





















This is what I have been up to this week. Making up a new, big batch of dichroic fused glass cabochons. Included are my ideas for using frit and my experiments in "scribbling" on dichroic glass with a sharpie!

The frit cabs are the ones with the speckles of colors. I wasn't real happy with most of them at first, but fused the pale ones onto a white base and "Wow"! Now they have this lovely, opalescent sheen and the colors show better. I look forward to pairing some of these with precious and semi-precious gemstone beads. I actually have beads picked out for the red/orange/amber cabs.

The cabs with the images on them turned out absolutely amazing in my opinion! I just can't get over how stunningly elegant and classy they are. I definitely plan to do more "scribbling" on dichro!

In this batch I've finally included some cabs for the "Bling Rings", bolo ties and money clips I've been meaning to make for way to long. I'm excited to finally be able to offer some men's jewelry for sale. Just a little bit late for Father's Day though. Now I just have to remember/find where I stashed those ring blanks for the Bling Rings!

1 comment:

Shelley, the NCTeddyBearLady said...

I want some of those cabs. I'll have to go check them out in your studio. I can just see them in one of my freeform peyote pieces, can't you?
Shelley, the NCTeddyBearLady