Sunday, January 4, 2009

Aaah, Last Day of School's Winter Break

Thought I'd take a moment and "check in". Getting on the computer can be quite a challenge with my son out of school! Also had company the last 24hrs too. So I haven't had much time or peace and quiet to do anything.
Good news is he goes back tomorrow. Will make it a lot easier to get some work done.
It hasn't helped that I have given up my Pepsi habit for the New Year in the interests of better health and more energy not to mention saving money. I'm not doing to terribly bad either. I made it through the first day with only fatigue. I did break down and have a 12oz bottle at about 8 p.m. the second day due to the lack of caffeine headache. This is day three and so far I'm doing okay, not as tired as the first day and no headache.
I have purchased several new and exciting tutorials so that I may expand my wire working skills. I think I'm going to try another one tonight.
I like to try and combine my dichroic fused glass cabochons with wire wrapping to make beautiful jewelry. I haven't done as much with wire work in the past year as I would like. As I've been listing in my studio I've realized that my stock items or the "bread & butter" pieces seem to have taken over. It's nice to have a good price range, but I've been neglecting my wire worked pieces. It's time to remedy that.
Okay, I feel like I'm starting to ramble! Bye

No comments: