Monday, January 12, 2009

Caffeine Withdrawals Require Patience

Well it has been several days since I have written as it was the weekend and I just seemed to need to hibernate with some good books for a few days. I blame it partially on the caffeine withdrawal. When I need to escape I go hide in books until I can face the world again. I am managing to be patient about it all though, ie; as in hanging in there!
First I'm sleepy in the late afternoon and I know if I nap I won't sleep later so I make myself stay awake.When I finally allow myself to go to bed, Bam-I'm wide awake, tossing and turning until the wee hours. When I finally fall asleep I have a terrible time waking back up. But once I'm awake I'm good for awhile. The other thing is the mood bounces-happy then grey, happy, then grey. I know it is my body adjusting to life with out caffeine but it can be hard to be patient!
And you all know how they say one of the best ways to cut calories is to cut out the soda? Well I've removed about 600 calories from my diet. So now I'm always hungry! I think my body it trying to make those calories up and I know the replacement calories are more than 600 and full of more than just sugar now.
Today I think has been my best yet! I felt really good when I woke up and all day. And now that it is time to be getting sleepy I am. I hope this is a good sign. A good friend of mine says it takes two weeks to clear the system and for the body to adjust.
And since I am sleepy-good night!

No comments: