Tuesday, January 27, 2009


I decided to share the photo of my entry for the Artisan Jewelry Guild's challenge "Spring Thaw" Imagine my surprise to see it already posted on our Artisan Jewelry Guild's Blog! Woo-Ho!
This is the second filigree piece with a bezel set, dichroic fused glass cabochon that I've made. I did make some filigree findings first for practice.
I love being part of the Artisan Jewelry Guild. I love how it has already challenging me. Also it has made me stop and really think about where I have been going with my jewelry. I realize that I haven't been true to myself and my vision of what I wish to create. Instead I have allowed myself to gravitate to product that are easier to produce in quantity.
I'm not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing but that I am aware of it and now I can make sure I don't become overly focused on this type of product. Instead I am now back on track and re-focusing on my wire wrapped creations and the realization that I need more wire wrapped products to balance the others out.
So to do so I am planning on giving a good portion of my earring stock a make-over! I will start featuring more wire wrapped earrings styles. So to do what I want requires the use of dopping wax. It will be here Thursday! I am so excited. Once I learn to use the wax properly I will be able to wire wrap even the smallest of my cabochons!
Also tomorrow, Wednesday that lovely 28gauge dead-soft wire will be here. It is going to be so much fun turning my ideas into beautiful, working designs.

1 comment:

Periwinkle Studio said...

That is absolutely beautiful! You should keep making these..they are great!