Friday, September 18, 2009

Sisters Fall Festival



As you may know I try to share my current work with you. When I'm not creating I'm not blogging very well. So I thought I would share this kiln shelf of cut glass squares. They are all stacked and ready to fire-in the kiln even! I actually fired them last night so they were ready for me in the morning.

These 1/4 inch, 3/8th inch and one 1/2 inch squares will become little cabochons for rings and post earrings. Some will be dopped (glued to sticks) to be channeled for wire wrapping. I was going to do that today, but I don't think I'm going to get there. These will be about 8mm and 12mm when done.

This weekend will be a very busy, long weekend. I have a two day show in Sisters. Sisters is about 30 minutes from here. The show hours are 10am-5pm on Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday..Also my dad is going to Corvallis to watch the Beaver game tomorrow that starts at 4pm. Since he won't be home until late.....my son and I will be getting up at 3, yes 3am on Sunday morning to deliver the Sunday paper. We may have time for a nap before we have to be at the show.

I just hope that the predicted cloudy, rainy and breezy weather holds off until Monday and that I can be in bed by eight pm on Saturday!

No comments: