Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Upcycled Cabs Into New Earrings!






























Last Friday night I had a craft night with two of my dear friends. We had a wonderful time, visited and worked on various crafts. One was trying a new seed bead stitch and the other was working on a soul collage. I took wire, tools and my cabochon hoard. All I did was wire wrap earring cabs.

The first pair of earrings shown I have upcycled a pair of white dichroic glass triangles. I removed the "old-style" sterling silver wire wrap and updated it using 14k gold filled wire and my "new style" wire wrap and suspended them from a pair of 14k gold filled french hook earwires that are accented with Swavorski crystal bicone beads. Personally I think the newer style of wire wrapping I have adopted is much cleaner looking than the older style and not a PITA like the older style! I think they have a simple, classic and elegant look. I just listed these tonight on my shop on Artfire, WillowWalker Designs.

The second pair of earrings are a pair of cabochons I fused over twenty years ago. Originally they were post earrings with glued on findings. I removed the old findings, channeled the cabs and re-fired them. The glass used in these is Wasser and Bullseye. (I still remember the thrill and fun of colorful Wasser glass.) I wrapped them in sterling silver wire and suspended them off sterling silver earwires.

The third pair of earrings is a pair of earring cabs out of my "hoard". I wrapped them in 14k gold filled wire and suspended them from 14k gold filled earwires.

The last two pairs of earrings will not be listed as they already have homes!

No comments: