Sunday, April 18, 2010

Amazing Homecoming

I had the most amazing and wonderful privilege happen to me this morning. It all started with the rumble of motorcycles. When I first heard them I thought a local club was out for a ride since the weather was so nice. And then it got louder and louder and louder......At this point it made the train engines sound mild. So I ran downstairs and peeked out the bathroom window to see motorcycles going by. After a bit with the sound unabated I took the chance and went into the front room of the glass shop to watch. There was this unending stream of motorcycles going by with flags! This was the front of the procession for our local National Guardsmen who were on their way to the stadium for homecoming ceremonies. It went on for quite a while before the buses came into view! By this point we were standing on the front porch of the glass shop. We waved bus after bus of soldiers returning home. And we could see them waving back. After the buses passed there were more motorcycles followed by about a dozen more vehicles.

I feel so honored to have been able to witness our soldiers returning home and such a wonderful welcome. I heard that there was over 200 motorcycles participating. I get emotional just remembering.

No comments: