Thursday, March 11, 2010

Serendipity & My First Zendala


I took my son to GameStop in our "new" shopping district-The Old Mill district. Next to GameCrazy is a fun little store I decided to check out this evening. I'm so glad I did! They have lots of neat paper, cards and more. Of course what sent me to seventh heaven was the wonderful collection of ribbon and trims! I'm always on the look out for ribbons, cords etc; to use for (ribbon) necklaces. They have gorgeous multi-colored silk ribbons, soft wearable organza and some of the trims would be fun also. They are packaged in about two yards/six foot lengths and priced quite reasonable. They also had pens, trinket boxes, a lovely line of scented lip balms and perfume, purses, gift bags and much more! Turns out they just open last Saturday. I wish them well and have my fingers crossed!














I ended up stuck sitting in the car this morning waiting. I had finished all the busy work I took with me. I had a clipboard with extra papers on it and also a old purple felt tipped pen. So I flipped a piece of paper over, grabbed the pen and started to make a Zendala. A fellow artist turned me onto this concept. I though not only would it be fun it would also be a great way to practice "doodling" for future dichroic glass projects. AS you can see my circle turned out egg shaped. After I'd played with the purple pen I was still waiting so I started filling in some of the background with my black gel writing pen. I've also discovered that if I want to get an idea of how a design will look when the dichroic coating is on black glass this would be a great way to do it!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

That looks great! Maybe it ended up looking like an egg because of Easter. It is fun to do, though, and a great way to make the time pass while you are waiting. Looking forward to your next set of dichroic "doodles"!