Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 22 Of The AEDM Challenge


I knew what I wanted to make today, but it took me almost two hours to find the correct combination of beads to do it. For a while I thought I was going to have to go to the bead store to get the right shade of beads. Then I noticed the gold ones over there in the box and the light bulb went on!

I think I will name this one "Purple Passion". The dichroic glass in this piece is the exact shade of purple as the crystal bead I used on the top of the bail. I guarantee that the rich blue-violet hue is absolutely stunning.

I received an order for one of my adjustable rings today. I went to the fairgrounds to check out this "big" three day holiday show. I chuckled to myself as I went past the booth of a couple I know who do embroidered dog collars, harness vest etc; Evidently they had split up yesterday so they could do both the show at the Senior Center and this one. As he was on his phone I didn't want to interrupt and I didn't see his wife either. Right next to this booth was my biggest "competitors". They are also friends and former students. My dad and I taught them the basics of fusing. As we were visiting the wife stopped in. She saw the "Heather" ring and fell in love! She was purchasing a pendant from my friends. She decided she wanted it to match the pendant she was getting. So my friend is going to provide me with the cab and I will make it into a ring.

No comments: