Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 9 of AEDM Challenge





















Today I wrapped a blue, white and silver dichroic cabochon. I've been thinking about what I could do to make a different, more attractive wire wrapped bail on my dichroic cabochons. I've had a good response on the few pieces that I've made that had a woven bail. So I decided to apply that on a "simple" wire wrapped cab. Instead of a rabbit ear bail finish I tried a woven bail. This one just wasn't as cooperative as the ones I've done in the past. I have a few simple ideas to improve that.

Also here are the pictures of the pieces from the seventh and eight days of the challenge.

2 comments:

Dawno said...

These are all beautiful, but I really like the bottom one! The little jeweled spacer is a great touch.

Betsy B. said...

I like the wrapped bail